Support Specialist (Tutela Monitoring Systems)
Reporting to: Support Manager
Checkit’s real-time operations management software makes organisations smart, safe and efficient. Our products use Internet of Things (IoT), mobile and cloud technologies to ensure our customers get the best out of their mobile teams, processes and buildings. Checkit users operate in many sectors including retail, hospitality, healthcare, real estate management and manufacturing. Checkit is headquartered in Cambridge, UK with its operations centre in Fleet, UK and a sales and service office in California, USA.
Checkit delivers its services through the brands of Checkit, Tutela, Next and Axon.
To work as a member of the Support Department, providing a high-quality telephone support service to our customer base and field engineers ensuring that the standards of these services are in line with the Company quality image.
- To provide a telephone support service for all our Tutela customers, their contractors and our own field engineers.
- Produce and maintain to the agreed standard on a continual basis, up to date master records of all system applications and controller configurations.
- To work within and support the 24hour Support Hub to ensure they can provide the required service levels to our customers. This may include delivering training on Tutela products and services.
- To ensure on a continual basis that all the on-line databases and reporting systems are accurate and functioning appropriately.
- To ensure that all completed projects are handed over to the Tutela Support Department. This includes site information, site schematics, controller configurations and system applications.
- To act in a professional and courteous manner during all customer communication and contact.
- To carry out controlled software configuration updates, system downloads, system information retrieval and in-house configuration testing as requested by the Tutela Support Manager or their appointed deputy.
- To develop and maintain sufficient knowledge, following initial formal product training, on the principles of alarm monitoring systems, to enable you to provide full and comprehensive support to the customer base.
- To on a continual basis review the high alarm traffic sites and unknown alarms with the Tutela Support Manager, taking any appropriate action to reduce false alarm and telephone calls.
- Identify any weaknesses in procedures, reporting findings to the Tutela Support Manager.
- Provide technical support to team members and Support Hub operators in all aspects of system operation and related controls.
- To comply with the Company’s Problem Escalation Procedure to ensure a defined level of technical expertise is assisted in formulating an action plan to resolve the problem based upon the information supplied.
- To take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and any other person who may be affected by your actions or omission. Adhere to all relevant statutory health and safety regulations, policies, codes of practice and departmental safety procedures.
- To take reasonable care, and make proper use, of all company property entrusted to you.
- To comply with all directives, policies and procedures and general instructions issued by Checkit UK Limited.
- The company operates a ‘No Smoking’ policy and the post holder is required to ensure he/she complies with these guidelines.
- To carry out commissioning work for our customers under USA Tutela and to ensure that every project is completed following the correct procedures in place.
Key areas and objectives:
- Carry out general company policies and follow the directives of the Support Department on all issues relating to your roles within the Support Department.
- You will be expected to act, at all times, in a professional and courteous manner during customer communication and contact using telephone handling skills and laid down company procedures which promotes the quality image of the Company.
- You will be expected to increase and compound your knowledge on the current call centre database and reporting systems, and to undertake further systems training, as deemed necessary by the Company, to enable you to provide full and comprehensive support to the contracted customer base.
- Your attention is drawn to the confidential aspects of this position. All matters of the Company which are of a confidential nature, including information relating to our customers internal procedures, security arrangement and actions taken following alarm diagnosis must not, under any circumstances, be divulged to any unauthorised person or persons. Breaches of confidence will result in disciplinary action, which may result in dismissal.
- Any training requirements or deficiencies adversely affecting your ability to achieve these key areas and objectives should be highlighted and discussed with the Technical Support Manager.
Back to careers