Field Service Engineer (Tutela Monitoring Systems)
Reporting to: Service Manager
Checkit’s real-time operations management software makes organisations smart, safe and efficient. Our products use Internet of Things (IoT), mobile and cloud technologies to ensure our customers get the best out of their mobile teams, processes and buildings. Checkit users operate in many sectors including retail, hospitality, healthcare, real estate management and manufacturing. Checkit is headquartered in Cambridge, UK with its operations centre in Fleet, UK and a sales and service office in California, USA.
Checkit delivers its services through the brands of Checkit, Tutela, Next and Axon.
To work as a member of the Tutela Monitoring Systems Service Department, validating and installing remote wireless temperature monitoring systems on customer sites within the UK.
To ensure that customer’s requirements are satisfied and that all relevant paperwork is kept up to date and to a good standard.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- To carry out validations of Tutela Monitoring Systems equipment in various sites throughout the UK, in line with Company procedures and training, adhering to expected standards of validation at all times.
- To carry out small installations of Tutela Monitoring Systems equipment in various existing sites throughout the UK, in line with Company procedures and training.
- To configure the Tutela temperature monitoring sensors and hardware to ensure that all the hardware is functioning correctly and remote IP communications are operational.
- To ensure all validation paperwork is kept up to date and stored following the standard company processes on the server.
- To fault find on the systems and be able to rectify faults found, on monitoring points, supervisor panels, websites and various communications methods.
- To ensure that a complete car stock spares kit is available at all times and that faulty equipment is returned to the office with a fault label attached.
- To ensure all sites / systems meet the requirements of the customer / client, reporting directly to the Tutela Service Manager via a written report on any sites requiring further attention.
- To organise any given working day such that all fault calls are complete in the timescales provided.
- To produce written reports, which clearly detail works, carried out and which are signed by the customer prior to leaving site.
- Work closely with Technical Engineering to be fully conversant with the function and operation of all products, software and services developed.
- Identify potential issues with alarms, communications and keep relevant personnel informed as to the nature and potential impact of issues as they arise and to take necessary action to ensure the mitigation of disruption to the company’s normal business.
- Be prepared and able to work in hospital and Mortuary environments as and when required.
- You will be expected to act and dress in line with company requirements and to present yourself in a professional and courteous manner at all times, during customer communications and contact.
- To take all reasonable care, and make proper use, of all company property entrusted to you.
- To take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and any other person within the organisation, and any person who may be affected by your acts or omissions. Adhere to all relevant statutory health and safety regulations, policies and codes of practice.
- We will ensure that you have sufficient training to carry out these tasks and responsibilities. Any further training requirements or deficiencies adversely affecting your ability to achieve these key responsibilities should be highlighted and discussed with the Service Manager.
- Your attention is drawn to the confidential aspects of this position. All matters of the Company which are of a confidential nature, including information relating to our customers internal procedures and security arrangements must not, under any circumstances, be divulged to any unauthorised person or persons. Breaches of confidence will result in disciplinary action, which may result in dismissal
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Previous experience of installation and service works, preferably in an electrical or technical environment.
- Previous experience in the installation of temperature monitoring systems preferred but not essential.
- Basic understanding of ISO 9001 standards.
- Industry recognized electrical and or electronic qualifications, would be beneficial.
- Possess the ability to learn new systems and adapt to new ways of working.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Technical experience 3 years plus.
- Self-starter with the ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to pay attention to detail and follow up in a timely manner.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Proficient in personal computer skills; specifically Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks while ensuring timely and accurate completion.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions to achieve required results.
- Full UK driving licens
- Be prepared to work away from home 2-3 days per month.
- Passport holder
Back to careers